Saturday, September 11, 2010

What is Happiness?

Happiness is having someone who's eyes light up every time you walk in the room.

Happiness is a smile that is for you only.

Happiness is holding hands with that someone for no reason.

Happiness is watching the colors of sunset reflected on water when it's perfectly still.

Happiness is the way the sun dances off that water.

Happiness is surrounding yourself with good people and good friends.

Happiness comes from being loyal to those who always have your back.

Happiness is knowing you do the right thing, even when the right thing isn't popular.

Happiness is a granddaughter that is all ways glad to see you.

Happiness is cold watermelon on a hot day.

7 comments:

Caddie said...

Happiness is having you in my world!

Valerie said...

Happiness is knowing you do the right thing, even when the right thing isn't popular.

Liked that one, it is so tempting to go with the flow to avoid criticism.

Thanks for commenting on my story blog. I really appreciate it and hope to see you again.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Happiness is all those and a lot more.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Loretta. I have decided to not play games on FB on Sundays and do some blogging on Sundays. I did put up a new post this morning. I enjoyed reading the "HAPPINESS" you posted yesterday. Glad to see you survived the storms on Thursday night as well. They sounded the sirens here Thursday night and we went to the School's Storm Shelter and on the way out there hubby and the girls seen the tornado in a field rotating. It was scary but it never touched down here. We did get some much needed rain from the storms and yesterday as well. The grass is actually turning green once again. Take care my friend and have a great Sunday.

Love ya my friend,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

Love your happiness list! Family, friends, Nature, beautiful music, floating down the river, walking in the woods, watching the deer that come to visit, and singing a beautiful hymn in churh (and more) all mean happiness to me. As does a beautiful Sunday like today!

Happy Sunday Evening!

Renie

possum said...

Excellent...
I bet you could just go on listing...

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Loretta. I am here for a visit again. Hope all is well in your world. Did I see your Recipe being aired on KAIT8 on Tuesday evening with Sarah Tipton? That recipe did look good. I love Eggplant myself and may have to give it a try someday. I fixed a pot of Homemade Vegetable Soup last night and even submitted the Recipe to Sarah. I hope she uses it sometime. Take care my friend and have a great week. GOD Bless you dearly my friend.

Love and Hugs,
Karen H.