I read this in today's news and couldn't believe my eyes:
Economic panel says recession ended in June 2009 www.kait8.com
The longest recession the country has endured since World War II ended in June 2009, a group that dates the beginning and end of recessions declared Monday.
.................................................................................................................................................................
What the ?? It hasn't ended here in Arkansas!! I know people that are still looking for work after loosing their jobs months ago. What is out there is minimum wage. I don't know how anyone raises a family on that! Unemployment is rampant, foreclosures are at an all time high, grocery and gas price are on a never ending roller coaster ride. So many people that need a Doctor but can't afford to see one. Most everyone I know is living paycheck to paycheck.
In the trucking industry we are being payed the same to haul loads as years ago, with higher fuel prices, insurance, tires and taxes to run that same load. No one wants to pay more at the store (me included) but something has to be done. The owner operator truck driver is becoming instinct. Soon, only the big trucking companies will be hauling freight, and then is when consumers will see even higher prices at the store.
Today, Hubby was in Alabama and lost air to his truck. He barely made it over to the side of the road. He called out a mechanic that came 5 miles. Got under the truck, cut the end off an air line hose, put another one on. Charged Pete $228.00...for 20 minutes work!! Dang we're in the wrong business!!
I think some one is trying to kid us into thinking all is okay, and we ought to let the politicians keep their jobs. Toss them all out and lets get a fresh batch up there untaught by the old timers. I'm so tired of the "good old boy deals"... runing our country.
Oh well...I know this doesn't sound like me, I don't usually complain so much. Sorry.
Loretta
4 comments:
Why apologize for speaking the truth. Count me in full agreement.
$228! I feel shame knowing of fellow Americans who rip others off. Same situation here, there and everywhere. I'm sure the hose was expensive but not to the extent to justify this type charge.
I believe we will be seeing some new faces in the leadership rings but without doubt, most will have been trained and polished by ones who travel on the gravy train.
Squeezing out the individual workers is in the plan, I so believe. Its happening every day.
Sissy,
The deal there is it wasen't a hose just the end split...he cut it back and put another end on it...that he charged %8.00 for...the rest was for driving 5 miles and his "work".
A rant now and again is good for the soul.
The recession will not be over for common folk until jobs appear.
Good Morning Loretta. Hey, you are still an American and still have the right to speak your mind as of right now. Who knows, that could change in the future since they are wanting to take things away from us. Don't even get me started on all of this. LOL. I hate to hear that Pete had truck problems. Hubby says he doesn't miss trucking one bit. He loves being home at nights now and I love it too. I feel more secure with him being home every night now. Trucking is a very expensive businness especially if you have your own truck like Pete does. Things are just way out of hand anymore on prices of things. I really don't see how people survive anymore. I know it has been very hard on us. Take care my friend and have a great Sunday and coming week. GOD Bless you and yours.
Love and hugs,
Karen H.
Post a Comment