Hello....
I know its been over a month since I posted, but what a month!! Pete broke down in late Sept in Alabama. At first I was supposed to go after him but he ended up riding with the tow truck that hauled our truck in. Towed 496 miles for $1,600 dollars...that was after $500 to get it off the interstate.
After tearing the motor down it was decided it would be cheaper to put another one in. All of Oct was took up with getting a motor, doing work on it, and putting it in the truck! Pete finally left out Saturday night, got somewhere in Alabama and broke down again. This time because they had left some bolts out of the transmission. After several hours, and $225 dollars he went on to Jacksonville, Fl. I am now holding my breath that nothing else goes wrong.
Hubby and I got a lot of yard work done this month. We still had trees down from the ice storm so we started on those. They had vines and more vines covering them. After a couple of days I broke out with poison ivy on my face. I was very miserable for nearly a week. We were burning limbs and I think that's why I took it so bad.
This last week end I kept Lorie's children so she could go deer hunting with her hubby. I don't think Hannah was still over 30 seconds at a time! They got home about 2:00 yesterday and I went home and collapsed. They enjoyed themselves but didn't get a deer.
Here I set tonight...alone...it's so nice!! I love Pete more than life, but goodness, he's as bad as having a child at home. lol I know I got on his nerves too.
I have been outside today collecting seeds for next springs flower garden. We need rain so bad. We have a 40% change of rain tomorrow...I hope so! We have beautiful fall colors now. I love these fall days, and beautiful fall flowers.
This week end Lorie is planing a Halloween party, the kids are excited about it. We will be having a hay ride and bon fire. Since I'm dieting, it will be hard to turn down s'moors and candy!
I hope all y'all are doing great and have beautiful weather too.
Loretta
6 comments:
It has been a long time but it's understandable now we know you've been so busy. Under the circumstances Pete had his work cut out to keep calm. Whatever you do, stay cool... smiles.
Thank you for your kind words on my sister. Yes a baby sister is so special. I now know Just how you felt when you lost Darlene.
Pain is better now but I will Always miss her.
Sorry about Petes truck but I do agree. Sometime quiet is just what we need. Men need special attention too.
I am trying to make my blog light hearted again, I will post some of our outrageous laughter the last couple of months. Most of it was around just getting old and what is happening to us.
I thought the colors wouldn't be great this year, because of the dry weather, but they've been beautiful. We had a couple of hours worh of rain this morning, but need a lot more.
Glad your hubby's truck is up and runing. Hope there won't be any more problems.
Hayride sounds like fun. I get no trick or treaters around here. People just live too far apart. I miss them! When my kids were, well...kids, Halloween was such fun. My grand kids live too far away, and are growing up, besides, so they go to Halloween parties these days.
Happy Halloween!
Renie
OH! Poison Ivy! Poor baby! If you get it again, get some Ivy Dry at your drug store. Get them ot order it if you have to. Best thing out there. Don't ask how I know!
Sorry about your run of bad luck. I can't imagine a towing bill like that! wow!
But glad you are back posting. Missed ya!
Being an owner/operator of a piece of equipment is a form of gambling. I tried to make a living with a skidder and only ended up having to mortgaging my mortgage free farm to pay off my debts. I could never get ahead of the repairs to the machine.
I hope your husband's luck changes soon.
Good Morning Loretta. As the saying goes, When it rains, it pours huh? I'm glad that Pete finally got the truck up and running and hopefully it won't break down anymore. Those things are expensive. Sorry you got a taste of the Poison Ivy. I'm allergic to that and Poison Oak myself. We have indeed been having some strange weather. We did get a little rain last week and I'm glad we got some to settle some of the dust. I just hope we don't have another bad Winter like we did last year. But after a very hot and dry Summer, I'm afraid we will. The girls went shaving creaming with their friends up town here. That is the big thing to do here in our town. We didn't even give out Candy because it's all so expensive. The girls are too old to do any trick or treating now, so we usually don't give out candy. As they get older and outgrow the holiday things, it just takes the fun out of it for me. Take care my friend and hope you have a great week. May GOD Bless you and yours.
Love and hugs,
Karen H.
Post a Comment