Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Morning

Good morning....or is it??  I didn't turn my clock back, maybe the puter has set itself.   Anyway it's a chilly morning here. We had a killing frost a couple of nights ago. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is in 18 days. Where has the year went? It seems to have raced by.  And Christmas is so near...I don't even want to think of THAT!  We've had some stores with Christmas stuff on display for over a month. I don't like when they rush the season. I find myself tried of all of it  and not enjoying the "reason for the season".

Yesterday I spend the afternoon at my granddaughter, Katelyns, birthday party. She turned 4 and had a "Dora" skating party. No one but 5 year old Dylan had ever been on skates so it was a ball. Even 2 year old Braelyn got out there and did her best.  It was a lot of fun, they would fall and bounce right back up! Hannah, Katie and Brae were so cute!!  I held their hands and walked them around the rink umpteen times it seemed.  They wore this old woman out!

It was really fun watching Katelyn.  She is my miracle baby.  She started having seizures at 2 weeks old and was air lifted to Children's Hospital in Little Rock.  She had a stroke and it was touch and go for awhile, but God gave us a miracle.  Until you stand at a six pound babies bed  that has a machine breathing for them you just don't realize how precious life really is.  She has some problems that will all ways be with her.  She is very sweet and smart, but she does have some speech and swallowing problems. They work with her every day and hopefully it will get better the older she gets.  She is one tough little girl!

I hope you all have a great week, take care and stay warm!

                                                              Loretta

4 comments:

Valerie said...

No wonder you call Katelyn a miracle baby. What a sweet thing she is. let's hope she gets stronger as she grows. I saw the pictures first... bet she was so thrilled to be standing on skates.

Cathy said...

Hello Loretta
Happy Birthday to Katelyn
She looks like a little baby doll - so proud of herself trying to do what the big kids do.
Thanks for dropping in recently and for all your comments.
Take care
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Yes life is so precious and what a blessing in your life she is.
God does still preform miracles.
Sue

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You had me confused for a few minutes. I was wondering where you got ice to ice skate. Then I realized it was roller skating (inline skating). That is fun too.
Years back I dated a much younger woman (actually a very charming bright girl) who took me roller skating at the old Mutual Street Arena in downtown Toronto. They had a roller skating rink and an ice skating rink side by side. Being one of the few Canadians who cannot ice skate (I could never stand the pain in my ankles.), I surprised myself and caught on to roller skating quickly. Unfortunately, the arena is no more. Likewise, the relationship. It was an exciting year while it lasted.