Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lazy Sunday afternoon.

The snow is melting from the top of my home...drip, drip, drip. But, we may get sleet and  snow tonight. Wednesday there is supposed to be a bigger snow coming. Is it ever going to end? I feel guilty complaining when other states are seeing so much more. A truck driver friend has spend several days in El Paso, Texas. They have frozen, busted pipes at the truck stop. There were 400 trucks there this morning and only two porta potties were brought in. The restaurant isn't open.... what food is what they have to sell in their small store. I bet there will be some hungry men there soon. They never (?) get this cold in El Paso so no one has pipes wrapped and some don't even own a coat. My friend just left there, trying to go across the bottom of Texas and slip in home.


Our truck has been broke down in Orlando, Fl for two weeks. Got it going yesterday afternoon. Hoping for a good week. We are due for some good luck...but who knows. Pete was lucky in that my sister lives near there so he has been at her house. They have been having beautiful weather!

I just read a woman in the Twin Cities tried to mail a 4 month old puppy to a relative in one of the Southern states.

She told the postal workers there was a robot toy in the box and to ignore any sounds or movement. The box moved, fell off the counter and of course, the poor puppy started whimpering. The workers opened the box. There were no air holes, never mind food and water. This woman is actually asking the puppy be returned to her. Are people really that stupid? I hope she is found guilty of animal cruelty and fined!!

I've spend the last hour watching all the squirrels play in my front yard. They have been in their dens but when the snow melted today they came out to play chase with each other. It's like watching baby kittens or puppies. The birds have been coming on the front porch and stealing the outside dogs food. They are beautiful! It's also very calming for me to watch wildlife of any kind.

I hope you all have a great week...stay warm.

                                                             Loretta

3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Our two inches melted this morning, and the sun actually came out. Got to go to lunch at our favorite Bistro, with friends. Who knows with this new snow and freezing temps, when I get out again! Geez, enough already!

That brainless bozo who tried to mail that puppy should be charged with animal cruelty!

Glad your husband is at least enjoying some warm weather while his truck is being fixed.

Have a good week.

Renie

Valerie said...

The weather has hit most people, I'm fed up with it and we're nowhere as badly off as some. Felt sorry for the truckers who couldn't get any food.

Anonymous said...

Just saying, It is 75 here today, and has been most of the week. Beautiful weather.