It's going to be a long night. We have some bad storms coming across the state, and we just had a small earthquake. I was siting here reading Facebook and painting my fingernails when the dresser and computer table starting moving. It didn't last long but was a little scary. My daughter ran to the tobacco store late this afternoon and saw the camera man for "Storm Chasers" tv show buying cigarette's. Sorta makes me feel funny....them hoping we get a tornado.lol We had 70 degree weather today...just right for storms. Jonesboro was hit hard by tornado's in 1969 and 1973. They killed a lot of people, now many people have storm cellars. I wish I did. I usually run across to my daughters house. I trust her log house much more than this tin can.
My hubby is back on the road....again!! This time he has been broke down two weeks. I feel as if it will never end. I don't know what will go first...truck driving or my sanity!!
I have Easter flowers blooming. Other flowers are just starting through the ground. I am really looking forward to putting in a garden. I can all most taste just picked tomatoes and fried yellow squash.
I hear the wind picking up...so I better unplug this puter and check the weather. Take care.
6 comments:
My heart goes out to all those who live in storm areas and this year has been particularly bad. Hope you're okay, Loretta, hubby too. Take care.
Hey Loretta,
Same weather here in SW Ohio, woke me about is over now, I'll be thinking of you and hoping you stay safe!
kathie 3 this morning, winds at 65 mph, hail and rain coming down in buckets. No earthquakes though but we've had them too in the past. Sorry to hear about your hubby being stuck out on the road, our threat
I guess we had the earth quake, too. People were talking about it in town today, but I didn't feel it this time. I did hear the gusting wind and was worried about tornadoes overnight, which never materialized, thank the Good Lord. I do have a basement which I rarely visit, but I was ready to visit it last night. Glad I didn't have to.
Sorry about the truck problems your husband is having. Have a good rest of the week.
Hugs!
I am fascinated with weather so I have followed the tracking of storms that cross the US South and them up the East Coast ending in Canada's Maritime Provinces. They seem to have had a major storm each week all Winter. On the other hand, with the jet stream tracking a more southernly path holding cold weather in the South, where I live our weather has been uneventful, less snow and cold than normal. This is not good we need deep snow here to replentish all the lakes, rivers and beaver ponds in our land of lakes and forests.
We rarely get a tornado. We are at the northern tip of the area that spawns then. The last bad one was in 1972.
Hope all is right at your place. I don't know what is scarier, earthquakes or tornados. Here on the shore, few people have cellars - we are too close to sea level, the land is flat, and the groundwater level is often so high, one needs a pump running to keep the cellar sort of dry.
Fortunately we have never had a major tornado here.
Sorry about the truck. Almost sounds like he would be ahead of the game to just buy a new one (like they are cheap!)I had a car once I had to keep because of all the money I had invested in it keeping it on the road!
A bit late to comment, mmm? I DID read when it was posted but the earthquake report wiped everything from my brain at that time. This one natural disaster is my greatest fear (I think). I recall my concrete stoop swaying once years ago. That was all it took for me!
Sure glad to hear life is a bit back to normal. Hope you reap a fortune.
Post a Comment