Monday, March 7, 2011

Surprise!

I've got to tell you about a surprise I got today. I had been to town and returned home to find a package on my porch. After opening it, I found a bunch of Goodies! My blog friend "Sissy", from http://musingsbythecreekside.blogspot.com  had send it to me. Inside were flower seeds, Daylily bulbs, a book and some delicious  fruit and tea. So good, and a very sweet thing for her to do.


After offering to do some Genealogy look up for her two years ago I found we were distant cousins! We have the same great (5th) Grandfather. Samuel Garland was born in 1747 in North Carolina and died in the County in Tennessee that Sissy lives in now. Small world!! 

We are looking for rain and thunderstorms tomorrow, then I am ordering some warm weather so I can get my flowers planted. It feels so good to get outside again.

                                               Take care,
                                                Loretta

1 comment:

Valerie said...

What a lovely surprise. I'll press for some good weather so you can get out there and start planting. You're right, it is an unbelievably small world.