Wednesday, March 9, 2011

News story.

I am mad! It takes a lot to get me seeing red...but this did it. A sex offender suing the mother of his victim!! Over her Blog! He is embarrassed by it. Poor man...whatever is the world coming to when you molest a child and his mother complains!! 

I know why  I am so upset.  Nearly two  years ago, after sessions with a Doctor my son remembered being molested by a family friend when he was nine.  He had anger problems all his adult life and never understood why he was so mad at the world.  It affected everything from his jobs to his marriage.   He knew it would hurt me, but he told me because she was still in our life and he was afraid she would try it with my daughters sons.  I have broke all ties with her but my anger is still there. Sadness too, because he never told me.

 Looking back I see signs....he started failing in school for one.  The doctor said many children make themself forget as a way to cope. He said that like many children  he was to ashamed to tell me.  I watched my children like a hawk, but because this was a friend I missed it.  Now, when it comes to a child I trust no one!  

I hope this sex offender doesn't win one cent.  



TACOMA, WA (CNN) - A sex offender in Washington state is suing the mother of his victim.

The reason? She wrote about her child's alleged molestation in her blog.

Danielle Schneider says she started the blog to warn the community about Patrick Rojas.

Rojas pleaded guilty in 2007 to misdemeanor communication with a minor for immoral purposes.

But Schneider says that what he did to her child and her family was much worse.

"The audacity that the person that abused my child, and changed the course of our family and our life was suing us," said Danielle Schneider, the victim's mother.

CNN reached out to Rojas' attorney and there is no comment at this time.

In court documents, his lawyer says Rojas is embarrassed by the blog and can't get work because of it.

Rojas is seeking unspecified damages in the suit.

Copyright 2011 CNN. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Caddie said...

I've heard nothing more outrageous! Rojas needs a tongue-lashing I'd like to administer.

All it would take to stop sexual predators is neutering and I'm all for it. I see it as stopping the problem dead in its tracks.

There are those who are inherently bad and will always be among us UNLESS drastic measures are taken.

Its not too late to do something in personal situation, is it? No crime such as this should go unpunished!

Loretta said...

Sissy, it's to late. He went and talked to the prosecuting attorney but he said its been to long. It seems to have helped just having it out in the open.

Kathie said...

Oh Loretta, I was so sorry to read about your son and I know what you feel, truly I do, I found out when My son was an adult from my MOTHER, that my son had been inappropriately "touched" by an ex-husband. He told her this when I still could have done something about it but she didn't tell me, because she didn't want to cause any problems!!! I never forgave her for this, my son has suffered with drug problems, job problems, problems with women his entire adult life, he has terrible issues with trust, though he is now again in rehab at 43.
This creep in the article should be ashamed to ever show his face and too bad we can't send these people to an iceberg floating somewhere in the ocean to die.

possum said...

I have been doing substance abuse counseling for a number of years now and you would be surprised - or maybe not- how many of our boys have been molested or raped. It seems easier to accept that it has happened to our little girls, and that is a sad commentary on life, isn't it? But people tend to be shocked when a man admits something like this happened to him.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I understand you anger and the dismay you feel over your son's experience. I hope you son will continue to properly deal with his experience and heal.