I have been really busy today! Got hubby off to work about noon and scrubbed the kitchen floor. How in the world does it get so dirty? Discovered the front of the stove was filthy too! I spend 2 hours on my knees cleaning under the cabinets and stove...ugh! Found plenty of pieces of dog food and a knife I don't remember having. Finished up with some "mop and glow"....wonder how long that will last! Going to hit the floor running in the morning...time for spring cleaning!
Friday afternoon my friend Donna and I had a very nice day. We visited a lady called "Granny" that lives way back in the sticks about 45 or so miles away. She and her husband live on a 225 acre home place. She grows every kind of flower. She loves Iris's and said she quit counting after she planted 700 of them! She loves to visit...and answered some questions we had about Roses. Donna bought 2 roses and some Iris. I bought me a pear tree. She has three pear trees that were planted by her grandmother in 1897. Mine is a cutting from one of them. It's about 4 feet tall and will have fruit in about 8 years. She told me to come back when the pears are ready this summer and get all I want. She is also going to start me a fig tree, which will be ready about Sept.
They live a simple life in a old farmhouse. They have two dogs, chickens and a herd of cattle. She has had a stroke but works every day in her yard. It's hard to tell how old she is but I figure at least over 80. All I do know is she could work me to death in 30 minutes. It was such a peaceful place I hated to leave.
We also went out to eat Chinese and just enjoyed a beautiful day. Of course, the next day it rained and hailed! It's cold today but is supposed to be 70 by next week end. I can hardly wait, I want to work in the yard and start my garden. I hope y'all are having spring weather..
Loretta
3 comments:
Sounds like a great day out. I could just picture the old lady in her garden in a peaceful environment. We had a heavy white frost this morning but it's cleared and the sun is trying very hard to come out. Keep trying, my sun!
Wow that is a Nice day. I need to visit someone. But Who??? Someone to wake me up. I love old farmhouses and older people. All people. I bet she can tell you some stories that only she knows as this world is losing their story tellers and the past.
You are definitely suffering from Spring fever. House cleaning, going to the country and buying plants for the garden and just anxious for the coming of warmer weather.
Post a Comment