Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer days.

Hello Friends,


Sorry for not posting but life has got in the way. It seems like time is passing so very fast. I get up at 6am and walk across the road to my daughters house at 7:00 to babysit the grands. Before I turn around the day is over! I will admit a 4 year old is smarter than me...She gets away with a lot sometime, but if you can't be a little spoiled when your 4 something is wrong! School got out Wednesday so her brothers, Tanner and Chase are at home for her to fuss and argue with now.lol

I've heard all my life that time passes fast when you get old. I believe it!! I remember when waiting on my birthday took forever....now it seems I have one every few months. I had one last month, my 39th one.....again. lol

I miss my childhood. I'm sure as we grow old and look back we all miss the innocence of childhood. A time when we thought we had all the time in the world....when life would all ways be wild and exciting. Bad things didn't happen. Loved ones didn't die. Friends would be forever.

My son in law put up their swimming pool this afternoon. I sat and watched the kids play in it with only a few inches of water in it. It will be tomorrow before its full, but they had a fun time anyway. I wish I could keep them children forever.

We are having a heat wave...99 today. I had to go to Wal Mart, and let me tell you, everyone and their brother was there. After carrying my groceries in the house I was drenched in sweat. Arkansas is humid along with the heat, sorta like taking a bath with your clothes on.

I hope your all enjoying your summer. Stay cool and take care.

                                                        Loretta

6 comments:

possum said...

Hey Girl! Glad you are back!
Lucky you to have grands so near by. What a joy for you - how lucky for them. Enjoy!
Glad to have had a couple cool days - but back into the 90s by week-'s end. sigh.

Renie Burghardt said...

Nice post, Loretta! Yes, time does go faster as we get older. And children grow up much too fast, so enjoy them as much as you can. My oldest granddaughter is 21 now and in her 3rd year at college. My youngest granddaughter is 12, and is telling me she is officially a "pre-teen" now. The middle one is 14. Now that is a scary age! lol.

Much too hot and humid around here as well. Are we in mid-July already? What happenned to June?

I hear some cooler air is heading our way by the weekend. Thank you, Lord!

Have a great rest of the week.

Hugs!

Renie

Anonymous said...

Hot here finally, Now it feels like Cali summertime, We had so much rain and snow pack, we are not sure how it is going to affect the water supply for irrigation or flooding.
Beautiful Year.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You are so right about time speeding up at you get older. Wait until you reach 60. 70 is just around the corner. Turing 60 for me was a shock. Until then I kept saying I had not decided what I would be when I grew up. At 60 I realized I had grown up and I was about all I would ever be.

If it makes you feel any better, here in Ontario we have had some warm and violent weather. I was on the edge of it the worst was across southern Ontario with record temperatures, tornadoes, hail, wind, rain and several houses being struck by lightening and catching fire. Today, we are back to cool pleasant weather.

Anonymous said...

Etta thank you for commenting on my Casey Anthony Trial post. i have my son in Washington hooked and he watches it every day and we get to discuss it. He and I see it the same way.
It is so nice to have someone to bounce theories off. How is Arkansas weather treating you. Here is it is hot but I just go hop in the pool but it is sort of lonesone as I miss my kiddos.

Anonymous said...

looking for a new post. I know you are busy being Grandma. I am beginning to get my sewing out. maybe make aprons for my girls.