Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What a summer! We've had nothing but hot days. We did get a good rain last week, but you can't tell it now. It's keeping me busy trying to keep my flowers and tomatoes alive. Hubby was gave 4 boxes of tomatoes from a grower here in Arkansas. I froze what I didn't give away, three box's were Roma tomatoes, but one box was big, beautiful, ready to slice tomatoes.


My daughter, Lorie, is out of school until Aug 22, so I am enjoying my time off from baby sitting. Days pass so fast. Seems like the older I get, the more I am aware of how short they really are. Hannah missed the cut off for school this year by a couple of weeks, so it will be another year before she can start kindergarden. It will put her nearly six before she starts. I am going to enjoy having her to myself for another year.

My oldest grandson is studying for his learning permit...he's 14...gosh where did the time go. Seems like just a couple of years ago that he was in diapers! But then again, I can not be 61....can I?

My summer has been took up with the big trail in Florida. I am so upset with the "not guilty". Some of us are e mailing and calling sponsors, trying to make sure that Casey Anthony doesn't make millions on book deals and such. Justice was not done, IMO...but I have to believe karma will win out.

Hope your having a great week, stay cool. (or warm)

                                                                     Loretta

4 comments:

Caddie said...

Yesterday, I thought it was strawberries. Today I KNOW its tomatoes - my most favorite food in the world. Yours are beautiful. Not even breakfast time and my lips are smacking with yearning as I lust over the pictures.

Valerie said...

Aaah tomatoes. Love 'em. I hope you enjoy the summer. I'd enjoy ours if only it would arrive.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tomatoes and the Juice, Yummy. I had No garden this year and I miss growing my own melons, Store bought are not the same.
Justice, I almost threw up. Literally, I sat with my mouth open, What did they need, A video of the crime? I do not believe anyone Should make money on this and that includes the Jurors or the spectators that were jailed or fined or whatever. NO MONEY made on this Babys Tragic Death by a Sciopath Mom. Oh yeah the jury did not get to hear the defense requested a mental hearing. (middle of trial) That itself was an admission of guilt.
OK I have just got worked up. Love your post. Now I must go find local tomatoes.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Your tomatoes are wonderful looking. I wish someone would given me a few. In late summer I live for toasted Tomato sandwiches, sometimes plains sometimes with chedder cheese and/or onions.

I wonder how you are managing in the hot weather. It extends all the way up here into Canada. We are having record hot temperatures.
Today it is 32C and feels like 40C when you factor in the humidity.
I think I will go do the river and sit in it up to my neck.

My friend Lynne was here for a couple of days. I think she was glad to go home to her air conditioned house and swimming pool.