Monday, December 12, 2011

The last couple of weeks has been crazy to say the least.   We had a snow that bought a tree top over on my power lines, causing a power surge that fried my computer.  I put another one in line that lasted two days and started acting crazy.  I am now on my very old , small screen laptop!  I am having a hard time typing on it. It's running slow and I am about to start pulling my hair out!   


The big truck has been in the shop again, a really bad time right here before Christmas.  Maybe (cross my fingers) it's fixed for awhile. I am trying to buy Christmas on a limited budget, but am thankful  for what I do have.  Our seven Grandchildren will get less this year,  but I'm not going to let it depress me.  It will be ok!

On a positive note, I read something today that is so true.... no matter what happens, how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.  I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch -- holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

If I don't make it back by Christmas....Merry Christmas!!  I wish you all much joy, health, and happiness in the New Year. 

                                                     Loretta

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Time to count blessings, Loretta, which you are doing. I know how you feel about the computer... we have become so dependent on them, haven't we? Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Stay well, my friend.

Sharon said...

Wow, that was some snow! Sorry about computer problems, I have them all the time. It can be upsetting, especially if there are other problems too.
I bet the kids won't even think much about the amount of gifts, Christmas is in the anticipation. They will probably remember the cookies more.
Yep, hugs and pats on the back are very important to everyone's health, so here's a {HUG} for you and have a Merry Christmas!

Amy E said...

Hi Loretta! My name is Amy. I was looking at my old blog entries tonight and saw where you left a comment 2 years ago! I just wanted to thank you for your positive words, even though I am late in doing so. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Amy
www.queensedgefarm.blogspot.com
www.theprairiewife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank your for Posting, It was insightful. However I was at Walmart and had a not nice touch on my side. Not my back, not my arm but on my waistline. I was VERY uncomfortable. And he was an employee.
He continued to the stand to ring me up and NOT once did I make eye contact with him or chat and I am Chatty.
Loretta I hope you have an amazing Christmas, with your amazing family, they are only loaned to us for a season.

Sharon said...

Happy New Year! I hope you get that computer fixed!