Saturday, November 5, 2011

Katelyn and Fall colors.

 Oh my! Winter is slowly appearing....our trees are turning such beautiful colors of gold, red, yellow and brown. We've been down to the mid 30's all ready. About a week ago my breaker box started making a noise like it was frying bacon. Scared me to death! I turned it off and did with out heat (except for a space heater) until Pete came home Friday. It had burnt one of the prongs all most in two. We put a new breaker in it, using another slot like the salesman told him to do, and its doing fine. I've got my fingers crossed. It was such a helpless feeling, but I am so glad that I was home to turn it off. Fire scares me to death. Our house burnt down in the middle of the night when I was five years old and it sure put a fear in me


Today was my son's oldest daughter's birthday. Katelyn is five today! When she was two weeks old she had to be air lifted to Little Rock. The police in Walnut Ridge called every town ahead and told them we were coming and not to stop us.  I drove a trip that usually takes over 2 hours in 85 minutes.  Her other Grandmother and parents were in another car.  They had let us kiss her good by, we didn't know if she would be alive when we got there.  She had quit breathing twice but was hanging on and fighting when we got there. We didn't know if she was going to live  for a week. She had a stroke and she even now has some physical problems, (speech and swallowing, and a limp) but is a smart little girl! She is in pre school and plays soccer. She had a party at Burger King today and had a ball! She is surely a blessing.  God was watching out for us all that night.

Halloween was fun, Hannah had a ball! She has ate candy all week. Of course, I have to admit I ate several pieces too.  It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only 19 days away. Time to clean and cook! I want to try some different dishes this year, alone with the old standbys that everyone loves. Time to get ready for Christmas too.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Nice to see you back blogging, Loretta, and I loved the picture if your granddaughter. I am trying to work out what a breaker is but anything to do with fire scares me to. I posted about my experience with fire only yesterday. Take care.

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Birthday, to Katelyn! What a cutie she is, and thank the Good Lord she is doing so well now.

I think our low so far has been 37. And yes, Thanksgiving is approaching quickly and I have so much to do!
\
Have a great week. Enjoyed visiting with you.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to Katelyn! She surely is a blessing (not to mention what a cutie she is!)

We've had a couple heavy frosts here, I really do not like the thought of winter and all that cold stuff.

Yep, the holidays will be knocking on our doors before we know it!

Anonymous said...

I love fall, the colors are majestic. I know arkansas colors are even more amazing.
Have a Great Holiday Season.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a scary experience for the family when your granddaughter was so ill. Life is such a gift and can be snatched away at anytime. Such a close call reminds us how precious life is.

As an electician I know there are inferior electical panels out there. I once had the electrical inspector tell me a name brand electical panel was junk. He said he could not say that in public for fear of being sued.

You may have an inferior panel. When a push in breaker does not fit right it vibrates, heats up until it eventually fails. They can catch fire or burn out the back of the panel (which is now made of thinner steel that it once was). You shoulds never put a breaker in where you had the problem and you should watch the panel generally for a repeat somewhere of the sound you heard or feel breakers getting warm. At some point you may want to put in a better quality panel where the breakers bolt in.

There that was my free electical advice!

possum said...

I check your blog regularly and do not understand where this has been! It just showed up TODAY! Well, better late than never!

Pretty trees - bet they look a little different today.

Amazing story about your little one. How blessed you all are that she is OK today! Wow.

Anonymous said...

My trees are almost bare and high winds are predicted today. Dave is bringing his crew out to get the leaves blown and raked. Thousands and thousands of them. Leaves not people.