The older I get, the more I enjoy Sunday mornings. Perhaps it’s the quiet solitude that comes with being the first to rise. Or maybe it’s the joy of just being alive! Or that first cup of coffee. Either way, the first few hours of a Sunday morning are most enjoyable.
I remember so well the Sunday morning of my childhood. Jumping up and eating a quick breakfast, and dressing for church, taking extra care to look good. Maybe polishing my shoes or spending a few miutes looking over my Sunday school lessons. Making sure I knew my bible verse. Southern Sundays were wonderful family days. Beautiful memories! I hope you all have a wonderful Lords day.
Loretta
2 comments:
I once labelled early morning rising as my quiet time. It's heavenly to hear the birds rising without the discordant sounds of traffic or delivery men or even hubby. At around 7.30 if I keep really quiet it's as if everything is taking a breather, the silence is incredible. Even the birds join in.
I get up at least an hour befoe anyone else and LOVE that quiet time. By chance this morning I decided to check my old link to your blog, expecting nothing. What a wonderful surprise! GLAD TO HAVE YU BACK!
And I understand the adjustment of having HIM home (and underfoot!) all day. Get out the Honey-Do list!
Post a Comment