Some how it seems time has just flown by the last few years and birthdays have just continued to pile up. I can’t believe how quickly this past year has gone by. An entire year filled with precious moments, I have loved and appreciated everyone of them.
As I am facing the upcoming Christmas I am feeling a little guilty. I know I will eat many wonderful meals. And even if I don't have a lot of money to spend it's still a lot more than many people have. I can't help think of the many in real need. I gave to St Jude's hospital today and am wishing I could have gave more. I wish i could feed the whole world. But as someone said, even a single can of soup can be a help to someone.
I really have had a wonderful year. Granted, there have been a few bumps in the road. The big truck has broke many times, leaving us just about penny less. But, my family is healthy....I am so thankful for that. As I took a trip down memory lane tonight it brought back some of the feelings I was going through a couple of years ago. My sister was near death and I was badly depressed. She died a week before Christmas. I don't know how, but I pulled myself together so my grandchildren could enjoy Christmas that year. I hid in the bathroom and cried many times but I got through it. Since them I have tried to remember the special feeling of the Christmas Spirit, the love, the joy, the special feeling of love toward all man kind, the spirit of giving. This year I have less money to spend but am determined to make the best of it and not worry about what I don't have.
There is all the excitement, the build up, the anticipation and then bang, it is all gone in one day. Suddenly you are back to facing the realities of life... the real world. I am going to try and keep a part of Christmas with me all year long . I want to be thankful every minute of every day for my many blessing. God has blessed me with the best husband in the world. I need to tell him every day how precious he is to me. My children are my greatest accomplishment. If I can say nothing else, I have raised two wonderful people. I want to remember how blessed I am and thank God every day for all that he has given me.
Loretta
"People miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, because they didn’t stop to enjoy it." William Feather.
7 comments:
I admire your spirit, Loretta, If only more people could read your words. We don't need material things to make us happy or give us peace. Love costs nothing yet it is worth a lot to those who receives it.
You sure know how to perk a person's spirit! Mine rose many degrees reading this. You face adversity so well. May you and your family be well blessed and safe from trials, to enjoy all the love that you generate.
You are truly rich, Loretta. What you have, money can't buy. I feel pretty well like you about my life, but you put it into words beautifully.
Hugs and Blessings,
Renie
We often have to "Stop and Think"
Today I saw a young man, (again) with a sign that said, "Ugly" That tears my heart out. You know Loretta, if God gave us the means, would we still Be as generous as we are while poor? I think so.
I know how you feel missing your sister. I miss mine so badly, Not sure how you made it through the holidays. MY BIL told us he cried as he took out Jeanettes decorations and tried to put them up.
Makes me so sad. But I know I will see her again.
God Bless You and Yours.
Sue
Valerie..Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy all your stories.
Sissy..There are many days you perk me right up!
Renie.. We are both blessed by life, because we know to stop and enjoy it.
Sue..I think we would be generous if we were rich, because it comes from the heart. You won't quit missing your sister but it gets easier. Some days are still really hard.
My dear, you have so much more than those with tons of money and an empty heart.
And let me tell you, a card with a kind loving word beats the heck out of a gift that cost hundreds of dollars but is not the product of love.
You are an inspiration.
I too have little but a lot to be thankfull for. I admire your attitude. It is hard for me to rise above the unhappiness this season bring me.
Post a Comment