Monday, December 20, 2010

Two Birthdays.

Today is my daughters Birthday, and her son Chases 11th birthday. This is him cleaning on my yard back in Oct. The other picture is Lorie when she was 16 months old. It seems like yesterday she was a baby. Where in the world has the time went? It seemed to have passed in the blink of an eye. I remember when I was a child and it took forever for time to pass, a summer was a year long! I thought my birthday would never come. Daddy used to tell me that I was rushing time...I guess I was.

We had a very small Birthday party for Chase tonight. I know before I turn around he will be a grown man.

3 comments:

Caddie said...

Time sure is illusory. That looks like Hannah to me. That beautiful black cap of hair; so thick it is.
I wish I had a Chase to help me. Enjoy every breath, Loretta, for very soon his childhood will be another memory.

possum said...

Time flies? You betcha!
I just came from the dentist and a young - maybe 13 yr old was there with her family. I kept looking at her - she caught me staring... I said she looked so much like someone I once had in school (43 years ago) named Polly. "Polly who?" the girl asked.
I told her... The man with her said, "That is my mother... her grandmother."
Boy did I ever feel ancient.

How lucky you are to have such cute grandchildren!

Cathy said...

Hello Loretta
Oh I get the same feelings when I see how grown up my grandchildren are becoming and I can remember when their parents were the same age. I too wonder how did all those years go by without us noticing them - we must be getting old lol
Anyway I just popped in to say Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Here hoping all your dreams come true in 2011
Take care
Cathy